Pittsburg Unified School District
03/20/9200 - 15:34
- Master’s degree in education, business management, or accounting
- A minimum of five years of experience in one of the above fields, including at least one year of experience in a supervisory capacity
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
• Maintenance, Operations, Transportation
• Child Nutrition
To administer the business affairs of the District in such a way as to provide the best possible educational services with available financial resources.
- Administers, through the Finance Director, budget development and long-range financial planning
- Administers, through the Purchasing Director, a program for purchasing supplies and equipment
- Administers operation of the school plants
- Develops a facility expansion program, and supervises plant construction
- Administers, through the Maintenance Director, the maintenance and ongoing operational needs of the district
- Administers, through the Transportation Director, the student transportation program
- Administers, through the Food Services Director, the cafeteria services and the school lunch program
- Establishes and supervises, through the Finance Director, a program of accounting and reporting for the financial affairs of the District
- Supervises clerical personnel in the Business Office.
- Serves as a member of the negotiating teams
- Serves as a consultant on any grant proposal originating in the District
- Interprets the business area of educational programs to the community at large
- Manages the District’s real estate and insurance programs.
- Supervises the development of monthly and annual financial reports as required
- Consults with the Superintendent and other personnel on questions relating to the District’s business affairs
- Administers and supervises all risk-management programs for the District
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned by the Superintendent
- Administers class size requirements of instructional programs
- Develops and administers student enrollment projections, student attendance accounting, instructional minutes and SASI responsibilities
- Administers, through the Network Services Director the administrative and instructional technological programs of the District
- Administers through the Warehouse/Purchasing Director the inventory of equipment, stocking and disbursement of classroom supplies and office supplies
- Administers the general obligation bonds, Certificates of Participation & proceeds, and Redevelopment Agency Tax Revenue
- Administers through the MOTF Director the State Modernization programs
- Develops and administers the investments instruments, such as Guarantee Investment Contracts, Tax Revenue Anticipation Notes, Local Agency Investment Fund, etc.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Work year: Twelve (12) months
PHYSICAL EFFORT/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Light to moderate physical effort
- Frequent standing or walking, occasional lifting 10-50 lbs.
- Rapid paced work
- Moderate to high levels of stress
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually by the Superintendent in accordance with provisions of Board policy on Evaluation of Administrative Personnel.