Under general supervision of the Director Marketing, plans requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire marketing project lifecycle. Assist with the strategic approach, and a strong and articulate point of view on the creative output. Manages project schedules, budgets and project management resources across all work streams, identify risks and clearly communicate trade-offs, mitigation options, and recommendations to project stakeholders and the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partners with internal customers to ensure strategic plans are creative and successful.
- Builds relationships with sales, marketing, public relations, and other departments and/or outside vendors to execute customer/internal communications plans.
- Measures, records, and presents results of each initiative to Director, Marketing; recommends changes to improve effectiveness.
- Serve as department specialist on Web, E-mail marketing and other digital marketing projects.
- Develop, create and send e-newsletters, marketing E-mails and other online publications with text and HTML with the intent of building relationships and online rapport with event attendees, patients and individuals in the community. Identify and analyze customer demographics, preferences, needs, and habits to identify potential demand.
- Forecast and track marketing and sales trends, analyzing collected data.
- Completes assigned work in a timely and professional manner; meets deadlines, schedules and budgetary guidelines.
- Oversees production of marketing materials; monitors for quality and corporate identity guidelines.
- Provide frequent project feedback and updates as projects develop (includes flagging issues and helping to identify possible solutions).
- Updates company website content; ensures web content is on-strategy consistent with corporate identity guidelines and updates.
- Reads and demonstrates an understanding and adherence to CSBA values, policies, and practices.
- Demonstrates respect, honesty and professionalism at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Solid project management experience, ability to define projects, execute within timelines, with multiple stakeholders and proven ability to deliver projects on time and to budget
- Experience working with partners and stakeholders at various levels with the ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management.
- Methods and practices applied in design and implementation of public affairs and news media print and electronic communication materials.
- Recent and on-going developments, current literature, and sources of information related to assigned duties.
- Modern office practices, methods, and computer equipment and applications related to the work.
- Techniques for effectively representing the Association in contacts with governmental agencies, community groups, and various business, professional, educational, regulatory, and legislative organizations.
- English usage, grammar, spelling, vocabulary, and punctuation.
- Identify and implement effective course of action to complete assigned work.
- Use project management methodology in completing assigned work.
- Edit written materials.
- Produce neat, accurate, and quality line work.
- Prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence, procedures, and other written materials.
- Effectively represent the Association in meetings with education institutions, governmental agencies, community groups, and various businesses, professional, and regulatory organizations, and in meetings with the public.
- Operate and maintain modern office equipment, including computer equipment and specialized software application programs.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Excellent grammatical and spelling skills.
- Use English effectively to communicate in person, over the telephone, and in writing.
- Use tact, initiative, prudence, and independent judgment within general policy, procedural, and legal guidelines.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Any combination of training and experience equivalent to an bachelor’s degree or higher with major coursework in journalism, English, public affairs/relations, communications, public or business administrative, or related field with five (5) years of experience in editing and production or various forms and styles of communication and/or media programs and project similar to those administered by Association or related experience.
ENVIRONMENTAL ELEMENTS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Employee works in a primarily sedentary office environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances.
- Employee is personally responsible for following health and safety guidelines, instructions, and policies.
- Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer; vision to read printed materials and computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person, and over the telephone; must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push and pull drawers open and closed in the execution of duties.
- Must be able to sit at computer for long periods of time and have the dexterity to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator, and operate standard office equipment.
- Employee must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 25 pounds, hand truck available to assist.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Possession of, or ability to, obtain a valid California Driver’s license by time of appointment.