Cannabis Edibles Send Three Students to the Hospital – Again

Three Sunnymead Middle School students in Moreno Valley were hospitalized Wednesday after ingesting an unknown quantity of cannabis edibles . The students began vomiting and turning pale, prompting emergency calls for a "medical incident." Four other students who were experiencing symptoms were assessed and released at the scene.

The exact same scenario played out at a middle school in Van Nuys last week. That incident sent seven students to the hospital with symptoms.

Overdoses and adverse drug reactions on middle school and high school campuses are on the rise. Fortunately, unlike those cases that have involved the deadly drug fentanyl, all students at both schools that ingested cannabis have recovered or are expected to recover.

Read more about the latest incident at ABC7 News


Comments