The State of Teacher Pay in California
Last school year, the average teacher took home $88,508 in pay, according to new data released by the Department of Education.
During the 2021-2022 school year, average salaries were 3.1% than the year before. However, from May 2021 to May 2022, inflation rose nearly 9% while home prices rose about 21%.
The Sacramento Bee has compiled a database of teacher pay by district. You can enter your district into the search bar to see the data here.
Pay data for the state’s ten largest districts can be found below.
Average Teacher Pay in California
- Los Angeles Unified $81,337
- San Diego City Unified $90,641
- Fresno Unified $85,768
- San Francisco Unified $84,881
- Long Beach Unified $99,381
- Elk Grove Unified $83,800
- San Bernardino City Unified $95,501
- Santa Ana Unified $98,288
- Corona-Norco Unified $106,121
- Capistrano Unified $92,478
- Sacramento City Unified $87,329
- San Juan Unified $80,362